Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Paradoxes of Engagement


       So, all of our teams are preparing for their first presentation. We all are striving to do our best, be interesting, be informative, and most of all be clever in our presentation of the paradoxes. My team has been assigned the task of talking about disclosure, trust, intimacy and regression...no small task in 40min. whew!
        As I am putting together materials for the presentation I have this aha moment....we as a team are going through the actual process of engagement via this exercise....we are disclosing what are strengths are, what we would be comfortable doing in the presentation...what our deficits are as well. We are also taking a huge leap into trust...trusting that we will all get our portion of the presentation done, trusting that we will all share the commitment to present thoroughly and well, trusting that we will not leave one another hanging if something goes wrong. We have had additional meeting times and conversations in prep that has allowed us to become more intimate and comfortable with one another...and a bit of aggression tossed in- we have all given up something or some idea to move forward for the good of the group.
       Now that I see all of these elements displayed in this activity I say to Dr. Carter, "Well Played

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,
    Great observation. I've found after several classes with Dr. Carter that her courses are lesson plans inside lesson plans, kind of similar to opening up one of those babushka dolls.

    ReplyDelete