Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Final Team Presentation...

It is almost hard to believe that this semester is over, boy I have learned a lot. I have been concentrating on our final presentation of late and thinking about my incremental growth since the first one. I am not sure what my class peers have learned but I have learned much about myself, my potentials, and areas of needed growth. I am very excited on all of these fronts, but at the moment I am trying to center on this presentation and my team getting it done successfully.
     One thing that I have learned since the first presentation is that I wasted no time with the "dance" this time around and neither did my team-real growth! The first time we prepared to present we were filling one another out, still trying to disclose, still trying out speaking...all while trying to build some intimacy and trust with one another. Wow, all the paradoxes, interesting. This time our trust was in place, our voices were present, trust always evolving...but we tackled this job! I am so thankful I have learned as much as I have in this course and from my peers. At least now I can recognize processes that are occurring or not in my group work, I can look at both the Unilateral model and Mutual learning model and be able to apply the principles as I work in my professional work and hopefully in my personal life as well.
        As I sit here reflecting on all that I have learned I am sweating over how to include enough of what we have learned in a fun, interesting, and meaningful way in only an hour and ten minutes. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy,
    You guys did a great job with your presentation!
    It is obvious to me that I have assumed roles from the 'drama triangle' numerous times! It seems that we take good things to extremes...the humble person that becomes the victim; the philanthropist that becomes the rescuer; the mentor/educator that becomes the persecutor! I guess the difference is the use of the ground rules for effective teams/relationships. We can still be an unpretentious, humanitarian adviser while using the ground rules to keep the relationship authentic. Lots of food for thought...really enjoyed it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda I think all the teams did so well....good luck with your paper.

    ReplyDelete